Sleep Tight!

0



So as I stared at my TV last night in dismay, shock, disappointment and disgust (all while holding a sarcastic "this would happen" smile), I thought to myself: I have been part of over at least 5000 losses (yeah i actually tried to estimate it) for teams I either had and emotional or invested interest in (no no they were just friendly bets) but still I have not learned how to deal or cope with losing. That burn, that fire, that "this can not be happening" feeling still resonates every time I see even the most meaningless of losses. And then something happened; I somehow felt better when Kobe uttered this simple phrase "sometimes you just get lucky". The truth is the Heat did win that game with execution and they should have been in a pile but execution just sometimes is not enough. Too often you see victories that just cannot be rationalized (check Flutie, check Leitner, check Favre, check Bartman). It was not X's and O's or shifts but simply just luck; normally that would bother me because the player will try to explain how he's practiced, or done that play before (how somehow it was under his control and he could duplicate that feat) but this time I knew it was luck and Kobe did not try to argue: and for some reason, some strange and unexplainable reason, I went to sleep a little easier because of it...

Comments (0)